Check out our collection of Frequently Asked Questions about salon policies and services including Botox, laser hair removal and waxing, lashes, facial treatments and more.
Got a question of your own? No problem!
Skintreet Salon & Spa Questions
We do! However, it is extremely rare that one of our estheticians or hairdressers won’t be booked and available right when you walk in. We strongly suggest you pre-book to avoid disappointment!
Please be aware if you fail to show up for your appointment or must cancel less than 24 hours before your reserved appointment time, Skintreet may require a deposit by credit card in the amount of 50% of the value of your booked services.
Deposits will be applied to the payment of your rescheduled service. If you fail to show up for your rescheduled appointment or cancel again in less than 24 hours, your deposit may be forfeited.
Yes, we do! We have physical gift cards you can buy in person by visiting the salon. OR you can purchase e-gift certificates here. Simply select the amount, enter the recipient’s name and the email address to send it to, add a personal message, and select the date you wish to send it to them. You’ll receive an email confirmation and receipt to your email address too.
Absolutely you can use it for any service, product and even for tipping your hairdresser/esthetician.
Skincare & Facial Questions
Products used for the anti aging facial are more targeted/concentrated hence the price difference.
Forms must always be filled out before your FIRST Oxygeneo facial with Skintreet to ensure that the procedure is safe and effective for you. In the form you can disclose any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are taking that may affect the outcome of the facial. This information allows the esthetician to customize the treatment specifically to your needs and provide optimal results.
We cannot provide you with an Oxgenro facial if any of the following apply to you:
- Retinol application within the past 24 hours
- Used Accutane within the previous 6 months
- Recently received a chemical peel
We are unable to complete a Pro Power Peel if any of the following apply to you:
- Resurfacing skin procedures such as laser, light therapy or microdermabrasion or chemical peel within the past 2 weeks.
- Botox or injectables in the past week
- Retinol within the past 24 hours (may have a reaction)
- Used Accutane in the past six months (may have a reaction)
- Facial waxing within the past 72 hours
- Contagious skin disease/infection or active cold sore
- Pregnant or lactating
- Recent sun exposure and/or sunburned skin
We recommend you follows these instructions following your Pro Power Peel procedure:
- Apply sunscreen daily following treatment (at least SPF 30)
- Avoid direct sun for 2-3 weeks
- Do not wax or exfoliate for 72 hours
- Do NOT pick or peel at scabs, blisters or loose skin, as scarring can occur.
- Avoid excessive heat sources (saunas and steam rooms)
- Avoid strenuous exercise or any activity that could lead to increased blood circulation to the face for 24 hours following treatment
Medical Esthetics Questions
If you want to look your absolute best, you should receive your neurotoxin about six weeks prior to your event! That way, your skin and face look natural and you’ll have plenty of time for touch-ups if needed.
Hair Removal Questions
Your hair should be about the length of a grain of rice or half an inch. It will depend on how fast your hair grows to determine how long you should wait to book your appointment.
After your initial wax, we recommend you book follow-ups 6 – 8 weeks later.
When you first start waxing Brazilian style, we recommend every 4 – 5 weeks. Then you can extend it to 6 – 8 weeks.
Both balayage and highlights add dimension to your hair. While highlights involve applying lighter strands of hair throughout the entire head, balayage focuses on creating a natural-looking, sun-kissed effect by painting the colour onto select strands in a more freeform way. Balayage is often favoured for a more subtle, low-maintenance look, while highlights can create a bolder, more dramatic change. Ultimately, the best technique for you will depend on your personal preference and hair goals.
Most perms last about 3 to 6 months. However, it’s crucial to use the right hair products and avoid excessive heat styling to keep your curls intact for a more extended period. Remember to pamper your locks with regular deep conditioning treatments, gentle brushing, and proper moisturization to ensure a long-lasting, bouncy perm.